Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

AirPrint w/ HP Officejet 4500 Wireless

I have updated my iPhone4 and can not do the AirPrint to my HP Officejey 4500 wireless printer. I can print from my MacBook, wireless, but the iPhone4 does not find the printer. Why? What am I doing wrong?

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.5.2), Big Mac Fan

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 3:36 PM

12 replies

Nov 25, 2010 2:24 PM in response to SMEot

And just to verify, unfortunately the Officejet 4500 is not on the list of devices getting at update. The Officejets that will be getting updates in December are:

Officejet 6500A e-AiO
Officejet 6500A Plus e-AiO
Officejet 7500A Wide Format e-AiO
Officejet Pro 8500A e-AiO
Officejet Pro 8500A Plus e-AiO
Officejet Pro 8500A Premium e-AiO

And please not the A in all of those names, as it is important. The Officejet 6500 and Officejet Pro 8500 series (without the A) are not getting updates.

Just trying to help.

Andrew

Nov 25, 2010 8:56 PM in response to HP Mac Architect

I just purchased a HP6500A Plus and got home only to find that Airprint doesn't find the printer. I bought it specifically for this so was more than a little annoyed. A web search found that, despite the fact my printer is listed as being supported (I also did a web search in the store prior to giving away my money and all pages listed the model as supported), it will not be Airprint compatible until HP release a firmware update on December 27. Better than not being supported, but still annoying you have to wait.

Be careful which model you buy.

Dec 27, 2010 7:58 PM in response to HP Mac Architect

Wayne:

I have an HP 6500 E709a that is ethernet attached where can I obtaiin the firmware upgrade for Airprint? I have searched everywhere and can't seem to find it. Any help is appreciated.

Product Name HP Officejet 6500 E709a
Product Model Number CB815A
Product Serial Number MY94A870VR056S
Service ID 19217
Printer ID 0
Firmware Version MJP1FN0907AR
Admin Password Set
Total Page Count 1826
Country/Region USA
PCL Default Symbol Set 341

Apr 18, 2011 5:35 PM in response to SMEot

I have an Officejet 6500 Wireless, so same problem. :/ Since you have a MacBook, you might want to check out Printopia by Ecamm Software (and no I don't have any affiliation) - it runs in System Preferences on your MacBook, and it 'shares' any printer your MB can connect to over Bonjour to your iPad/iPhone - so in AirPrint on my iPad I can just select 'OfficeJet 6500' and it sends the request to my MB, which transfers it to the printer. 🙂 I haven't even noticed a delay really.

Hope that helps!

Liam

AirPrint w/ HP Officejet 4500 Wireless

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.