5602 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: Feb 22, 2011 9:28 PM by lishachen2
Can anyone help me with an iWork 09 disc installation?
I downloaded the iWork 09 trial onto my MacBook Pro 13" (mid 2010) and used it successfully for the 30 days. I then purchased the iWork 09 boxed DVD.
(Before inserting the DVD and installing iWork 09, I removed the iWork 09 trial, as well as the previous iWork 08 licensed version. I think I made a big mistake doing this!?)
After installing iWork 09 from the disc and launching it, it keeps requesting me to buy a serial number online! I have already followed the instructions of inserting the DVD again and reinstalling.... it just overwrites the existing files. Still the same problem on launching Pages, Numbers or Keynote!
iWork 08 was much better when they shipped a serial number with the boxed disc!
This new iWork 09 without a serial number in the box is just stupid!!??
<edited by host> ask a question without searching in the existing threads.
Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) jeudi 25 novembre 2010 17:59:51
I am really struggling with this also, i read i had to delete the application which was the trial but when i then reload i am asked for serial number and can not access. Having deleted trial i can not open any of documents previously done. i did read that i needed to delete the cahce or some .plists what and where are these please as well as putting iworks app into trash is this right?? urgent help would be great as have plenty that needs doing having been trying to do all week
I found the answer in another post by a PeggyD. If you are still having trouble like I was, do the following:
1) Delete iWork '09 folder from HD > Applications.
2) Delete iWork '09 folder from HD > Library > Application Support
3) Delete each individual iWork application plist file from HD > Users > (your account) > Library > Preferences (for each user); also make sure to check the folder "Host" if found under "Preferences" for more plist files.
4) You might try running "Repair Disk Permissions" under the Disk Utility app in Utilities now, as mentioned above.
5) Insert your iWork disk and run the install program. Follow all the instructions.
6) Run software update under "System Preferences" to update the new software.
If all goes well, you should be directed to a registration page rather than the serial number page when you start one of the iWork programs. Hope this helps.
Welcome to the Apple forums
I'll bet you found the solution on a different forum, I'm guessing MacRumors where I am PeggyD. Here it's just Peggy. You'll see that Yvan has pointed to a post of mine, but many others here have also provided the info many times. Even easier is to use Yvan's AppleScript to delete the trial.
I just went through the exact same issue.
Newer Mac Book Pro 10.6.6
1. Had Trial version. Deleted and Installed CD version.
Warning Screen - could not run.
2. Updated software.
Ran into screen wanting serial number
3. Repaired Permissions using Disk Utility
Also deleted LIBRARY/APP SUPPORT/ iWork 09
4. Reinstalled from CD
5. Restarted Mac (I know ... years of gun shy XP ;( )
6. Trashed alias on dock with new installed version.
7. Ran Software update ... was current.
8. Started iWork 09
9. Got the registration screen
10. Opened current project
I can only hope that helps ... everyone seems to thing iWork 11 is coming soon, so hang in there
Message was edited by: Walter Johnson
You've listed a lot of steps but I don't see that you have deleted the files/folders as others have suggested. The files to delete are the iWork ’09 folder from the main HD > Applications; the iWork ’09 folder in HD > Library > Application Support & the individual iWork application plist files found in HD > Users > (your account) > Library > Preferences for each user.
Or use Yvan Koenig's AppleScript that removes the files. You can find it on his iDisk in For_iWork > iWork '09 > uninstall iWork '09.zip.