Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to export audio track from iMovie '11

I found that the sound from the video recording of a live band worked pretty well for my purposes (listening for problems). But I don't need the video itself for some things. Is it possible to just grab the audio from the video and save it as just a sound file? I tried messing with iMovie but couldn't figure out a way yet.

Macbook, Mac OS X (10.6.2), http://picturehawaii.blogspot.com/2010_09_01_archive.html

Posted on Nov 24, 2010 9:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2010 12:14 PM

You can detach the audio then copy and paste it around if you have other clips in the time line but if you want all the audio from a clip or group of clips put them in a project and do a custom QT export and export "Sound to AIFF file". Import that as an audio track in iTunes or drag directly on to another movie clip.

--
Daniel C. Slagle
Keeper of the
"Unofficial" iMovie FAQ I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link
2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 20, 2010 12:14 PM in response to dbk9999

You can detach the audio then copy and paste it around if you have other clips in the time line but if you want all the audio from a clip or group of clips put them in a project and do a custom QT export and export "Sound to AIFF file". Import that as an audio track in iTunes or drag directly on to another movie clip.

--
Daniel C. Slagle
Keeper of the
"Unofficial" iMovie FAQ I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link

How to export audio track from iMovie '11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.