Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Xcode and Python

Hi everyone,

I know Python is pre-installed on OS X (albeit an older version), but I cannot seem to find anyway to actually create a Python project. I've looked around, and it seems there was a way to do so in Tiger, with PyObjC, but I cannot even find it installed. I have OS X Snow Leopard (10.6.5) and Xcode 3.2.4.

I know there are other editors I can use, but I would prefer to use Xcode if at all possible.

Any help would be appreciated; thanks in advance!

iMac -- Aluminium, 24", Mac OS X (10.6.5), 2.8 GHz Extreme Duo, 4GB RAM, ATI 2600 HDPRO 256MB, 500 GB HDD

Posted on Nov 26, 2010 12:17 AM

4 replies

Nov 7, 2015 3:57 PM in response to TheHappyKing

Most of the Python/Objective-C/Cocoa bridges are looking a bit old, and Xcode hasn't had much support for scripting languages such as Python and Ruby for years. Instead of tacking on to a 5 year old (and marked as solved) topic, you might try creating your own topic, with details more specific than "i want to run pythons codes", perhaps including other relevant information such as the versions of Xcode and OS you are using.

Xcode and Python

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.