Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Shuffle (1GB) accidentally disconnected during software restore on PC

I was going to put some new songs on our 1GB iPod shuffle today and when I plugged it in, it asked to update to newer software. We hit the button for the updater and it started....then just as it was beginning, the iPod came loose and was disconnected. (the door for our usb ports is not very ergomically designed). Now the iPod is not reconized on either PC or Mac. I mean when I plug it into the USB 2.0 port, it never surfaces on the desktop or itunes. Even the updater program does not reconize it.

Weirdly enough, it still plays music if you turn it on and plug in the headphones.

I know you all want to just respond with flames and jokes, but I'm sure this has happened to someone else before so someone must have some idea of whether or not this is resettable via computer or if we need to send it back.

thanks for any serious help...

Power Mac G4 MDD,1.25 GHz Single, 1.5GB RAM, 80GB HD, Mac OS X (10.4.3)

Posted on Dec 11, 2005 7:21 PM

2 replies

Dec 12, 2005 1:58 PM in response to dylan roberts

I wish it were that easy. Again, when I plug this iPod into either the Mac or PCs USB 2.0 port, it never shows up at all. Like I never plugged it in. AND, when I do plug it into the port, the green light on the front lights up solid green, but again, it never shows up on the desktop or in itunes.

I even tried plugging it into the PC and then going to the device manager, but again, it does not show as even being connected....any thoughts?

iPod Shuffle (1GB) accidentally disconnected during software restore on PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.