Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple Music today announced the release of its 100 Best Albums of all time, a list crafted by Apple Music’s experts alongside industry professionals. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes Store Support

Long story short, I had my mac book pro & Iphone 3gs stolen a few months ago (sad but true) so I had to setup my itunes in windows... I tried to re-download my purchases but I was unable to. So I went ahead with the whole purchasing protocol and tried to get a credit to my account which didn't work like it does in the App store. Can someone please help? I would also like to find a forum to post my devices serial numbers.

Inspiron, Windows XP, Media Center Edition

Posted on Nov 27, 2010 7:11 AM

6 replies

Nov 29, 2010 8:39 AM in response to morbe

Sorry to hear about the theft, but officially Apple does not allow redownloads of purchased items other than iPhone/iPod touch applications. It's your responsibility to make backup copies (as iTunes itself advises) in case something goes wrong with your system or it gets lost or stolen, as unfortunately it apparently did in your case, and you lose all your content. The official statement of their policy can be found here, among other places. If you don't have a backup of your purchased items, you're probably out of luck and will need to repurchase your content.

If you have your content backed up, post back and someone here can help you get it restored. Otherwise you can try contacting iTunes Store Customer Service (select the "Music Purchases" or "Video Purchases" category, as appropriate, then "Lost or Missing Items". You'll find either an "Express Lane" button - just follow the instructions to get to the contact form - or an "Email Us" button) ") and explaining what happened. Reportedly in some cases Apple has allowed redownloading on a one-time basis. But don't count on it.

As to your last request, there really is no forum where it's safe to post serial numbers, and in general there's no need to do so since everyone here is just a fellow user so we don't need to know your S/Ns.

Regards.

Dec 2, 2010 10:58 AM in response to morbe

Sorry, but you cannot yourself deauthorize a computer to which you no longer have access. You can try contacting the iTunes Store customer support department through the form at the bottom of their Support page (select the category and subcategory closest to the issue you're reporting) and explaining the problem to them. They might be willing to clear your authorizations for you so you can re-authorize your current system(s).

Regards.

Itunes Store Support

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.