Previous 1 2 Next 15 Replies Latest reply: May 18, 2013 10:53 AM by Old Toad
Edward Staines1 Level 1 (15 points)
So I'm trying to use 'share>email' in iPhoto '11. When I add an email address in the 'To' field (which is very slow) but when I click 'send' the email address in the 'to' field disappears. After watching the sending bar for a minute or so, I get a message that I need to add an address to send to in the 'To' field.

Am I doing something wrong here?

iMac Intel 24", Mac OS X (10.6.5), iPad, MacBook Air, iPhone 4
  • LarryHN Level 9 (77,082 points)
    A good general step for strange issues is to renew the iPhoto preference file - quit iPhoto and go to "your user name" ==> library ==> preferences ==> com.apple.iPhoto.plist and trash it - launch iPhoto which creates a fresh new default preference file and reset any personal preferences you have changed and if you have moved the iPhoto library repoint to it. This may help

This does not affect your photos or any database information (keywords, faces, places, ratings, etc) in any way - they are stored in the iPhoto library - the iPhoto preference file simply controls how iPhoto works - which is why renewing it is a good first step.

LN
  • Edward Staines1 Level 1 (15 points)
    Did as you suggested: problem remains - adding an email address in the 'To' field (not copy and paste, but from the drop down list of my contacts), click away, or 'send' and the address disappears.
  • Manny D Level 1 (0 points)
    I'm having the same problem as above with certain emails addresses. Most email addresses work, however, I tried sending one to my Fathers email and it disappears when I click away. Any suggestions?
  • kbacon Level 1 (35 points)
    I am having the exact same problem. Only on certain addresses. The address won't stay in the field no matter what you do. I am using the latest version of iPhoto 11. Really annoying bug!
  • Patriz Level 1 (0 points)
    I'm trying to send photos using my e-mail account. I can't access my address book. I have to type each address individually. I send photo's to multiple addresses. Anyone know how to attach my address book to the new iPhoto 11? Thanks for the help.
  • gitanomad Level 1 (0 points)
    I just wanted to add myself to the list of people who are having this problem. My operating system language preference is Spanish, if that has anything to do with it. I do hope to see a correction (from Apple) for this problem soon...
  • barrus Level 1 (0 points)
    Certain email addresses disappear as soon as I type the comma. I don't know why either. I'm using iPhoto '11 v. 9.1.1 and trying to send images by "classic" mail.

Bug? Fix?
  • Clif Norrell1 Level 2 (155 points)
    Make sure in Address Book that the email address has a first and last name filled out in its Address Book name field - not just an email address for an entry. Adding the name fixes it.

This problem doesn't seem to happen with earlier versions of iPhoto. Yes, it appears to be a bug.
  • lizzieghat Level 1 (0 points)

I have been having this problem for months, finally found this solution.  Having to update the "Address Book" seems so archaic, but I'm so glad this was posted.  All other solutions were a waste of my time.  A serious bug - but this is the solution.

• srgale Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you Cliff Norell1.  That did the trick.  You're a genius!!!!!  That was a very annoying bug.

• willarr Level 1 (10 points)

Yes, this has bugged me for ages!

• lufig23 Level 1 (0 points)

All,

I had the same issue and none of the listed solutions worked.  I found that I had multiple entries in my Address Book for the same person.  Once I deleted one of the entries, the email function worked.  Seems like iphoto gets confused.

Hope this helps

• FBC_21CA Level 1 (15 points)

Nope. None of the above makes a bit of difference. Version 9.2.3., Snow Leopard.

• Marbecca Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you Thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was driving me absolutely crazy..

I notice there is no record of me sending photos to anyone unlike previous version where i see what I send in my sent folder in my mail application....

I dont like that......

Previous 1 2 Next