Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Find My iPhone - Mutiple Devices

I have one Apple ID. I have an iPhone, an iPad, and iPod, and my daughters have an iPhone and iPod.

Before the Find my iPhone app was free I had to sign my daughters up for a me.com account along with me so we could all use the find my iphone service. Now that the use is free I have a question.

Currently, I have my iPhone and iPad set up to use the same me.com account and my daughters each have their own me.com accounts. I associated each of the me.com accounts with their respsctive devices. When I enter the app I have to sign in and can only see the devices associated with the particular account. Is there an easy way to configure the Find My iPhone app so I can see all of the devices in my family from one account? Since my daughters use their me.com for email also I do not want to remove them. Can I dis-associate their primary me.com account from the Find My iPhone app and create another MobileMe account within the iPhone and iPod for Find My iPhone use only?

I hope that makes some sense. Maybe I don't understand how the new Find My iPhone app works in conjuction with the older MobileMe portion of Find My iPhone????

Thanks in advance for any help.

iOS 4

Posted on Nov 28, 2010 1:34 PM

2 replies

Find My iPhone - Mutiple Devices

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.