Currently Being ModeratedDec 31, 2010 1:16 PM (in response to Brett123)I had the same problem on this new Ipad since Christmas. I disabled my Kaspersky Anti-Virus software which allowed the successful download and update of the new iOS for iPad.
I then turned back on the AV software. This was a simple fix once I read further down in this string.Windows 7
Currently Being ModeratedJan 31, 2011 12:33 PM (in response to Brett123)The solution is to make sure you have downloaded the latest version of i-tunes (version 10.1.2) and then do the update for the i-pad. Because of the slow connectivity I got lots of time-outs (err = -3259), but then just resume and the download immediately restores the point where you timed out. With slow connectivity in South Africa it takes lots of time, but this method finally worked for me! I hope it works for you as well!HP, Windows 7
Currently Being ModeratedMar 16, 2011 5:23 AM (in response to Signil)In the first page of the thread, someone give the link :
for the iOS 4.2
if someone could give the same link for the iOS 4.3, it should be great. Because, I'm in Reunion (not so far from South Africa), and since 4.3 has been released, it's impossible to donwload. THe download stop either because of a 9006 error, either because of an interrupted connexion.
Thanks a lot
Message was edited by: Pierre-OlivierMac Pro octo 2,8, 16GB, Mac OS X (10.6)
Currently Being ModeratedJul 28, 2011 1:13 AM (in response to Brett123)
The 9006 error is most likely due to the transparent webproxy in your environment. In my specific case, when I was upgrading my iPad to iOS 4.3.5, the download always failed with 9006 error. Specifically, the download would proceed very quickly and stop at 313MB, when the complete download is 593MB. Apparently there was a transparent webproxy in my environment and a broken copy was cached by that proxy due to whatever reason. (Hence the inconsistent observation when you attempt the same in different environments or with different ISPs/connections.)
In my case, the environment had a few webproxies and one of them is randomly assigned whenever HTTP access is made. So I randomly configured one of them manually through System Preferences (Network -> Advanced -> Proxies) and voila, iTunes was happy.
Currently Being ModeratedOct 30, 2011 1:00 PM (in response to Brett123)
I had the 9006 error when downloading iOS5 and had success when I disabled my wireless and used a cable directly into my router and it worked like a charm. For all the south Africans that have the issue I hope this will help you.