Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

OUT OF MEMORY ERROR

Hi

About 7 times a day I have to reboot my FCP cos it gives me a "out of memory" error when I try and render , as soon as i reboot FCP7 it's good to go again??? anyone have this too?

FCP7.0.3
2X 2.66 ghZ-core Intel Xeon
Memory 16GB 1333 MHZ DDR3

tx in advance....

Posted on Nov 29, 2010 4:59 AM

19 replies

Jan 6, 2011 11:52 PM in response to Bengt Wärleby

Bengt my mac disk has lots of space on it Mac OS Extended (Journaled) with 466,27 GB space left

my hard disks there are 3x 3TB Mac OS Extended (Journaled) and each one has 1 TB of space left on each , it is a fairly new system and it never gave me this error before now it seems to be crashing alot more and given me this out of memory message almost everytime I render?? what has changed for me ... ps I am working in apple pro res (hq) and this drives are not raided together but like i said it has not been a problem before ....

Jan 28, 2011 8:00 AM in response to rottendotapple

I have been getting this one a lot lately. the only recommendation I can make (which worked for me) is to actually create a new sequence and paste the edit into it. For some reason in 10.6.x sequences can get corrupted which somehow screws up the render files. Even deleting render files will do you no good unless you create a new sequence. Hope this helps. I also hope that Apple addresses this problem soon. It's a real PITA.

Jan 28, 2011 9:29 AM in response to Steve Zuckerman

I saw this got a bump up recently. I've dealt with this as well over the years.
It was "kind of" suggested earlier in the post to delete still shots out of the sequence - as a starting point to try and at least make it render.

I would also submit - if you have multiple kinds of clips (still shots, different video - whatever) - try removing every other kind of clip except for the most used format for one clip - and start there. Then add in the extra stuff one at a time to see if you can find something that trips it up.
For example - a majority of DV clips, combined with a little 422 footage, or resized HD footage, some Jpegs and PNGs - just remove everything except the DV clips - and then start adding them back in to see what causes the problem.

hope this helps

ss

OUT OF MEMORY ERROR

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.