3902 Views 1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 29, 2010 4:04 PM by EZ Jim
I have an Imac and my friend has a 13" notebook when we are on facetime i can hear him but he cannot hear me. We have tried everything we know can someone help us,.....thanks in advance.
(0) Both restart Macs and try again to see if the problem is gone. If not, troubleshoot as follows.
(1) Use other apps to test your microphone (can you record sound in iMovie or Photo Booth?).
(2) Your friend should use another app to test his speakers (can he listen to music in iTunes?).
(3) Whoever has the problem must fix. Perhaps check > System Preferences > Sound.
If either of you is connected wirelessly, turn off Airport Card and try via ethernet.
(4) If other apps work right for both of you, both test FaceTime with other users to find the problem.
You can test with me if you don't have other FaceTime contacts. Click my name at left to find my FaceTime contact info. I only use the email address there for FaceTime, so there is no need to send email. Simply get my FaceTime contact info and call when you want to test FaceTime. Best time to test with me is 14:00 GMT - 03:00 GMT. I answer test calls whenever I am available, so try later if I miss you.
(5) What you must do to fix the problem will depend on what the problem is.
We will watch for your status update and offer suggestions based on your details.
Mac Pro Quad Core (Early 2009) 2.93Ghz Mac OS X (10.6.5); MacBook Pro (13 inch, Mid 2009) 2.26GHz (10.6.5)
LED Cinema Display; G4 PowerBook 1.67GHz (10.4.11); iBookSE 366MHz (10.3.9); External iSight; iPod4touch4.2.1