Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

VGA adapter won't output to projector

I bought the VGA adapter, and was able to watch videos on a VGA projector - but I tried to watch a new video yesterday (I upgraded my OS to 4.2 this weekend) and got a msg saying the device I was connected to wasn't authorized to view protected content.

How in the world is it possible to authorize a projector? Is this a bug in the new OS, or was I viewing unprotected content up until now without realizing it?

All advice is greatly appreciated.

Ipad, iOS 4, VGA accessory

Posted on Nov 30, 2010 7:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Nov 30, 2010 10:15 AM

Sounds like you tried to play a movie that you purchased/rented from iTunes.

"Additional Information
iTunes Store movies (SD and HD) and TV shows (HD) require an HDCP digital connection. If you attempt to play this content using the iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter, an alert will appear to let you know that an HDCP-compatible device is required. To view iTunes Store content, do one of the following:

Sync the SD version of the TV show
Use an Apple Component AV cable to play the HD version at 480p
Use an Apple Composite AV cable to play the HD version at 480i
Attempting to play rental content on a device that requires an HDCP digital connection may start the rental timer. Use one of the recommended Apple AV cables to view your rental before the time limit expires."

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4108
5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Nov 30, 2010 10:15 AM in response to Merged Content 1

Sounds like you tried to play a movie that you purchased/rented from iTunes.

"Additional Information
iTunes Store movies (SD and HD) and TV shows (HD) require an HDCP digital connection. If you attempt to play this content using the iPad Dock Connector to VGA Adapter, an alert will appear to let you know that an HDCP-compatible device is required. To view iTunes Store content, do one of the following:

Sync the SD version of the TV show
Use an Apple Component AV cable to play the HD version at 480p
Use an Apple Composite AV cable to play the HD version at 480i
Attempting to play rental content on a device that requires an HDCP digital connection may start the rental timer. Use one of the recommended Apple AV cables to view your rental before the time limit expires."

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4108

VGA adapter won't output to projector

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.