Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail is displaying as html code

Hi,

Is anyone else having this problem? As of a month or so ago, mail I receive often displays line after line of html and other code. It's as if sender sent an html email, but I'm getting the code, not the designed display.

(I tried including a chunk for you to see, but when I previewed it, it appeared as design, not code.)

Can anyone fill me in on why this happens and how to stop it?

(Extra info: I created an html sig a couple of months ago. Cd that be affecting anything?)

Thanks for your ideas.

2.8 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo iMac 7,1, Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro, iPod Touch 64 MB, Blackberry Bold

Posted on Nov 30, 2010 12:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 1, 2013 10:23 PM

If you uncheck this box, you have to click on every message to show the html. In addition, many html messages STILL do not come through.

It is amazing that one message will come through and the exact same message send as a duplicate will not come through.

5 replies

Dec 15, 2011 8:44 AM in response to cestchouette

This is incredibly annoying. Many html coded messages do not show in MAIL. I put them back into the Yahoo server, then sign on to Yahoo to read the %^^$%#$$$ e-mail. Apple, of course, says it is a third party problem in that the e-mail is not properly coded. The problem with that explanation is that an e-mail will come through in html code, then another will come through correctly. Specfic instance is Plaxo birthday reminders that come through correctly from time to time. Whay can't apple work with other developers to fix these issues?

Mail is displaying as html code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.