Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie 11

Does iMovie 11 support Native 24p?

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 1, 2010 1:55 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 1, 2010 2:05 PM

Yes
4 replies

Sep 13, 2012 11:48 PM in response to AppleMan1958

Hope you can help me!

I have been to the Apple store 2 times now in regards to my iMovie 11 freezing while trying to playback my projects. A still freeze frame appears, yet the movement bar is playing the video and the sound is still playing, but I only still see a frozen frame on the play screen..after a transition it sometimes will progress, but then freeze again. I was told that I have too many projects and I should move them to an external hard drive which I am doing by using the command select move and drop process (Moving not copying), but when I play the projects from the exteriror hard drive, they still are freezing. I am sharing them into iTunes so I can play them on my Apple TV, I hope they will play okay, once I view them from iTunes on my Apple TV, haven't gotten that far yet. I have 53 projects, and 7 hours of events, so this is a LARGE project and very important to me, as there are videos of my whole life here.

Feb 14, 2013 8:21 PM in response to Taylorzuno

I continued to talk to other Apple Mac users on iMovie….Interesting to have found out that their movies were made using iDVD without any known issues as yet…Looking at the results from Apple Support Forum and Youtube, problems appears to be when NOT using iDVD. I and many others can't understand how these many technical problems were overlooked by the programmers of iMovie. One would have thought iMovie problems have been iron out prior to getting rid of iDVD. By the way when I first contacted Apple Support back on 16th Nov, I was told I need to RE-INSTALL my computer…..that I did and in the process my iDVD was removed and never was re-installed.

May I suggest you delegate a junior person or someone string together a project consisting over near 1700 images, approx. 25mins of video footage, titles and including with and without transitions then export the project.

I am still in the dark as to what is being done about this extended non result. I am not sure if is known by the people who is in charge of this iMovie programme. it would be nice to get some sort of feedback. Not sure if I should refer this to a third party to do the testing?? I am sure Apple's competitors would love to make a mockery of this.

There has to be a time frame for this to end, as I and many others can't simply sit here in the dark and wait for someone to come back for a solution, this could be months or years who knows. As you can appreciate I am not the only user anxiously waiting for a solution.

I guess I am in a way representing other worldwide users in pursuing a solution on this matter ASAP. I therefore ask you to please make this a priority if this is at all possible.

GET RID OF APPLE!!!

iMovie 11

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.