Announcement: Update to iOS 12

Enjoy a faster and more responsive experience as well as fun new features, like Memoji and Camera Effects.
Get iOS 12 > https://support.apple.com/ios/update

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: iPod Touch 4G and Zeppelin Mini

I just bought a iPod Touch 4G and a B&W Zeppelin Mini. However when I dock the iPod Touch on to the Zeppelin Mini and try to play a song, instead of playing through the Mini speakers...it plays it through the iPod's speakers. What am I doing wrong? The iOS on the iPod Touch is 4.02

iMac 21.5", Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on

Page content loaded

Dec 2, 2010 3:51 PM in response to Agni35 In response to Agni35

Does the manual/web support page says it works with the new iPod 4G? Many users here reported problems with docks not working correctly when they updated their iPod firmware it iOS 4.1 and/or 4.2.1. The 4G came initially with 4.1 and thus your dock may not be compatible with 4.1 (or 4.2.1).

Dec 2, 2010 3:51 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 2, 2010 4:30 PM in response to lllaass In response to lllaass

The Apple website lists the Zeppelin Mini as being compatible with the iPod Touch 4G. See link;

http://store.apple.com/us/product/TX511ZM/A?mco=MTY3ODQ5OTY

Click on the link above and refer to the compatibility sub-heading. The iPod Touch 4G is the fifth one from the left.

Dec 2, 2010 4:30 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 9, 2010 4:50 AM in response to lllaass In response to lllaass

Hi,

I received yesterday my new iPod touch and connected it to the Zeppelin mini I have. I was astonished that it did not work at all; the sound was only on the iPod. Quite disappointed 😟

Then I removed the small docking adjuster you receive with Zeppelin Mini and succeeded to have the sound on the Zeppelin Mini. big relief.

Only problem I have is that the small light at the front of the Zeppelin mini blinks all the time; it was not like this when I used previous iPod. It is not a big issue, but for that amount of money you can expect foul compatibility.

Dec 9, 2010 4:50 AM

Reply Helpful

Jun 3, 2011 5:08 PM in response to Raybender In response to Raybender

I too had problems getting iPod Touch 4G to work (charge and audio playback) with my new Zeppelin Mini. Turns out my issue was trying to use the B&W furnished cradle for a iPod Touch 2G unit. Plugging the 4G Touch directly to the Mini's dock without any adapter resolved all operation issues - it charges, plays audio through the Mini, and the Touch is controlled by Mini controls.

Jun 3, 2011 5:08 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: Agni35

Question: iPod Touch 4G and Zeppelin Mini