Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone sync conflict

Since installing the latest software update on to my iPhone I have had a problem with syncing. I didn't have this problem before.
I get a pop-up from 'conflict resolver' saying there are 468 conflicts between my outlook calendar and iPhone. However, when I try to go through these, it always fails with an error message 'Cannot access Conflicts: Unable to retrieve conflict information from the sync server. Please try again next time the conflict resolver window is presented'. This happens every time and I am not able to complete resolving the conflicts.
Does anyone have any ideas of how to resolve this?

iPhone 3Gs, iOS 4, Software version 4.2.1

Posted on Dec 2, 2010 12:04 AM

82 replies

Jan 29, 2011 2:50 PM in response to JMHobbs

You should only have to force replacement of the info on each device once. After that, you should be able to sync away without problems. I do the same thing. The problem is, for some reason the system believes the data has changed in multiple locations and needs you to pick which one is correct.

If you have a Mac, you can re-set the sync services database to correct the problem. On a PC, I'm not sure where the equivalent would be.

Jan 31, 2011 8:07 PM in response to Lazosh

I also had the same problem that there was something conflicting with my iPhone 4 syncing. I happened to fix mine incidentally. I installed a video card to replace my on-board GPU ATI HD 4200 with an Nvidia GTX 460.

What prevented my system from syncing was the Catalyst drivers for my on-board GPU. After I disabled the ATI GPU and the catalyst drivers, I noticed that my iPhone started syncing (miraculously at that time) to my desktop while charging it. I then tried enabling the drivers and plugged my phone in... No sync.

Just sharing my experience. See if you guys have a program called Catalyst Control Center. If you do, you did have the same problem as me.

and oh btw... don't disable/uninstall it right away.

Message was edited by: kamizerox

iPhone sync conflict

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.