Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto says I have 'default text' when I try to buy my book

Hi guys,

I have completed a 96 page book in iPhoto 11 and am trying to buy it and have it printed.

However, when I click on "Buy Book" I get the following message:

"Default Text
Your book appears to have default text that has not been edited. Printed books will not include this text. Do you want to continue?"

All my text boxes HAVE been filled in, so I'm not sure what is causing the problem.

Can anyone help?

Thanks
Peter

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 2, 2010 12:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 2, 2010 9:25 AM

some place you have not filled in a text box - the latin default text is there (it might be behind a full page photo potentially if you can not fine it otherwise

And it will not print so that is not a problem

Before ordering your book preview it using this method - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1040 - and save the resulting PDF for reference - the delivered book will match it.

LN
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 2, 2010 9:25 AM in response to Peter Whitten

some place you have not filled in a text box - the latin default text is there (it might be behind a full page photo potentially if you can not fine it otherwise

And it will not print so that is not a problem

Before ordering your book preview it using this method - http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1040 - and save the resulting PDF for reference - the delivered book will match it.

LN

Nov 26, 2013 1:18 PM in response to Peter Whitten

Hi, I also got this message and it frustrated the **** out of me. I double-checked every page in Preview and followed the advice given by others with a similar problem. I found there are a variety of reasons that the default text sign can arise and you will have to work through each solution until you hit on the one that applies to your project.

1. Cross reference each page in your project against the Layout option. You may find that eventhough you have not included a caption at the bottom of each page in a text frame, you have used a frame around your photo that includes text. If you look at your layout page you will note that the No Text box has not been selected. You will need to re-choose the layout page of your choice with the Text box clicked. This will cause your frames and caption to disappear. Don't panic! Just re-selcet the caption frame and yoyr text will reappear.

2. If you have no text in the text frame at the bottom of your page make sure you have deleted the "Insert your text here" notification so the space is blank.

3. The other tricky thing is your photo captions maybe bumping in to the blank text caption at the bottom of the page. re-position your photo caption up or down to clear the blank text frame.

4. If you still have the problem you may have inadvertently made two or more libraries. This means that you have done all the right things to the project you are working on but when you try to upload the computer goes to the default library and tries to upload the unedited version. To see if you have multiple libraries hold down the option key and click on the iphoto icon. If this is the case, you will need to Choose the right library to upload the edited version.Hope this helps.

iPhoto says I have 'default text' when I try to buy my book

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.