Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restoring address book with Time Machine

I have had some issues with my address book, which I won't bore you with. Basically I needed to restore my address book from a previous day when I knew it would be ok. I deleted my current address entries and then went to time machine for a restore. It worked really great, except, it did not restore the groups that existed previously. The groups are actually shown on the back up file, so I am at a loss why it did not restore groups as well as the contacts. Any advice would be really gratefully received. I am a recent convert and am very satisfied with Mac and so happy go leave PC behind.

Many thanks

Michael

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.5), Time Machine

Posted on Dec 2, 2010 11:51 AM

2 replies

Dec 2, 2010 12:24 PM in response to stayingaliveuk

Select Mac Help from the Finder's Help menu and search for "time machine." One of the listed articles explains how to restore files or folders from your TM backup.

See User Tips for Time Machine for help with TM problems. Also you can select Mac Help from the Finder's Help menu and search for "time machine" to locate articles on how to use TM. See also Mac 101- Time Machine.

Restoring address book with Time Machine

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.