Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my Ipad is blinking/flashing

Hi there!

I just installed OS 4.2.1 on my ipad, after i use some applications for a minute, it starts to blinking/flashing vertically (with rainbow colours).

is there any solution for this kind of matter?

Thank you

IPAD, iOS 4

Posted on Dec 2, 2010 8:21 PM

6 replies

Dec 2, 2010 8:50 PM in response to kupokupo

Hi

You can try to do:

1- turn the iPad off. Hold the sleep/wake button until the red slider on the screen comes up...slide it to turn it off. Hold the sleep/wake button again to turn the iPad back on. Did this solve your problem?

If not

2 - do a hard reset....press and hold both the sleep/wake button and the home button for 8 top 10 seconds until a black screen comes up and a white Apple logo appears. Let it start back up....can sometimes take a couple of minutes to come on. Did this fix the issue?

If not you may need to do a restore.

M

Dec 3, 2010 11:29 AM in response to marconiusrex

I tried once, but it didn't help. about the flicker, it is a band of black and collored lines running vertical in landscape and horizontal in portrait about two inches wide. All apps, all the time. Restore no help and touch function works fine across the stripes.

is it hardware default? i bought this at USA, but i lived in Indonesia. where can i take my ipad to apple store to get check?

thank you

my Ipad is blinking/flashing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.