Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: my Ipad is blinking/flashing

Hi there!

I just installed OS 4.2.1 on my ipad, after i use some applications for a minute, it starts to blinking/flashing vertically (with rainbow colours).

is there any solution for this kind of matter?

Thank you

IPAD, iOS 4

Posted on

Page content loaded

Dec 2, 2010 8:50 PM in response to kupokupo In response to kupokupo

Hi

You can try to do:

1- turn the iPad off. Hold the sleep/wake button until the red slider on the screen comes up...slide it to turn it off. Hold the sleep/wake button again to turn the iPad back on. Did this solve your problem?

If not

2 - do a hard reset....press and hold both the sleep/wake button and the home button for 8 top 10 seconds until a black screen comes up and a white Apple logo appears. Let it start back up....can sometimes take a couple of minutes to come on. Did this fix the issue?

If not you may need to do a restore.

M

Dec 2, 2010 8:50 PM

Reply Helpful

Dec 3, 2010 11:29 AM in response to marconiusrex In response to marconiusrex

I tried once, but it didn't help. about the flicker, it is a band of black and collored lines running vertical in landscape and horizontal in portrait about two inches wide. All apps, all the time. Restore no help and touch function works fine across the stripes.

is it hardware default? i bought this at USA, but i lived in Indonesia. where can i take my ipad to apple store to get check?

thank you

Dec 3, 2010 11:29 AM

Reply Helpful

Dec 3, 2010 12:08 PM in response to kupokupo In response to kupokupo

If a restore to factory settings didn't fix it. Time to take it into an Apple store. Sounds like a hardware problem then.

Looks like they are selling iPad in Indonesia now...at least says on their online store. Go to that site and search for stores. If you go in might be a good idea to take your purchase receipt.

M.

Dec 3, 2010 12:08 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: kupokupo

Question: my Ipad is blinking/flashing