Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to double click to open an email on Comcast Smartzone?

On the Comcast Smartzone website, there is a list of received emails. On a computer with a mouse, an email is opened by double clicking on it with the left mouse button. How can this be accomplished with the iPad touch interface?

Thanks, Don

iPad, iOS 4

Posted on Dec 3, 2010 12:28 PM

8 replies

Jan 15, 2011 6:26 AM in response to drll

I've discovered if you switch to *SmartZone Lite* in your preferences you can open email with a single click. This at least gets you closer. The downside is that you cannot reply to email because the ipad doesn't recognize the compose area of the email as a valid text entry location.

The only other option that works on the Ipad is to configure the email App for Comcast mail and use the App to do your emails. The mail will stay on the comcast website. A downside of this is the sent folder is on the Ipad and not on the Comcast server.

I'm hoping someone else has additional Smartzone Comcast tips for the Ipad to address the problem completely.

In the meantime, I hope this helps.

Jan 15, 2011 7:09 AM in response to E_F

I also have Comcast email and have it set up on the Mail app on my iPad. The SmartZone is virtually useless to me on the iPad so I got away from using it. It is slow to respond to the touch and I have to really enlarge the view in order to click the box next to the email that I want to read.

So to the OP, I have avoided using it. It was not designed for a mobile device so my suggestion would be to avoid using it. If you must, a very light touch with a really enlarged view would be my approach.

Jan 15, 2011 9:26 AM in response to jwlud

You can't compare "normal Windows" software to iPad apps in the first place if that's what you mean. Two totally different things - computer software and iPad apps. And you are trying to implement a task that's meant to be performed on a computer within a web browser when you are using SmartZone. You can do it to a degree but with limitations.

If you want to open the email in SmartZone, just lightly touch the message in the list. No double click is required. The emails will open and you can read them on the iPad. I do that sometimes but like I said, it is so slow to respond on the iPad. SmartZone was designed for use sometime in 2007 (?) long before the iPad was around.

And, I also agree that the lite version is so much better for the iPad. You can change to the lite version by going to your preferences, choose general and select SmartZone Lite.

Message was edited by: Demo

How to double click to open an email on Comcast Smartzone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.