Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Imported images into single project are split into managed and referenced

I've noticed a behavior twice recently that I can't seem to trace. Background: Big Aperture library on its own internal drive, gets re-copied to new drive every month or so. 439,591 images. Probably about 350-400 GB on a 500GB drive.

• Last night, I was importing by reference 956 images from two separate cards (537 and 419 images) simultaneously (one FW400 Lexar reader, one USB SanDisk reader). — something I do often
  • The import was very slow. Seemed like it was hung up, but I remained patient. Eventually it finished.
  • The project now has 956 images, with 137/537 managed and 310/419 managed, even though the import was set up to be referenced.
  • The directory where they were supposed to be stored has 920 items.
  • Drilling down into the Aperture library contents shows Two directories in Masters for that date, one with 137, one with 310.
  • This tells me that in the process of the import, Aperture managed to turn 956 files into 1367 total, between the three places, and create a confusing problem that I have to work out manually.

• Looking back in the masters section, I see that it appears to have possibly happened a few other times.
    Has anybody else observed this behavior? Anybody know how to solve it? Aperture has been making me nervous lately.
    I should add that I've already tried repair permissions and repair database. I'm a little nervous about the rebuild database option.
    Message was edited by: hallerphoto
    Message was edited by: hallerphoto

iMac 2.16 GHz, 24", 3GB RAM, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 4, 2010 12:41 PM

There are no replies.

Imported images into single project are split into managed and referenced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.