Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ITunes 9.2.1 fresh install - audio cd import malfunction

When I insert a cd, Itunes opens, the cd tracks are listed generically and then it goes off in search of tracknames. ~Instead of finding the track names and importing that info along with the tracks, it goes into a search loop with a box coming up saying "Accessing gracenote media database" this happens a couple of times a second but no update actually happens. Not sure where the problems lies. Could it be a vodafone usb modem somehow not liking what's going on? I don't know. Help please - thanks
DJH

IMAC 1GHZ 500 HD 17", Mac OS X (10.4.2), 1GB RAM

Posted on Dec 5, 2010 5:38 AM

2 replies

Dec 5, 2010 5:50 AM in response to ghtK3VHxiO9DalJklqHh

It was a long time ago but I do recall having a problem accessing GraceNote while using a USB modem (interestingly, provided by a company partly owned by Vodafone, Verizon Wireless). I think I remember reading that they blocked access to GraceNote. I have no idea why they would, other than to try and control bandwidth use.

Do you have the option of trying the import while using WiFi?

ITunes 9.2.1 fresh install - audio cd import malfunction

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.