Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac Mini forgets wifi network after sleep

Hi,

My Mac mini "forgets" my wifi network every time it sleeps. The network name even disappears from the list of available networks. It used to work fine and I can't pinpoint when things changed (the hardware remains unchanged, so I assume an Apple software update is responsble). I'm getting quite tired of typing in my network name and password every time I use my computer! I notice a lot of similar questions on the forum, but no solutions. Does anyone have a solution to this problem?

Thanks,
David.

Message was edited by: David Griffiths5

MacMini, Mac OS X (10.6.4), 1.83 GHz C2D, 4GB RAM (3GB usable), 320Gb WD Scorpio Black HD.

Posted on Dec 5, 2010 11:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 5, 2010 1:01 PM

Double check this selection:

System Preferences > Network > AirPort > Location : Automatic. Hit the Advanced.. button > Airport tab > check "remember networks this computer has joined". If your network isn't in the Preferred Networks list above, add it.

Regards
25 replies

May 5, 2011 5:17 PM in response to David Griffiths5

Having a similar problem. IMAC, 10.6.7 SSID Hidden. AIrport Extreme. Sometimes computer will not reconnect to network after sleep. Sometimes turning airport off and then back on using menu bar causes computer to connect. (Network is visible in preferred network list.) Other times I have to re-input network information (SSID, Key)

Have seen similar problem on macbook.

Mac Mini forgets wifi network after sleep

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.