Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Manipulating the TOC: Adding text to TOC entries

Hi,

I'd like to manipulate table of content (TOC) entries in a Pages document. In the text there are several pieces of text by different authors. Each author's text has a title (heading) which shows up in the TOC just fine. I'd like to add the author names in brackets to the respective titles in the TOC but not to the titles in the text. How would I best achieve this?

Thanks for your help!

Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 5, 2010 7:19 PM

4 replies

Dec 5, 2010 10:40 PM in response to opt03

opt03 wrote:
I'd like to manipulate table of content (TOC) entries in a Pages document. In the text there are several pieces of text by different authors. Each author's text has a title (heading) which shows up in the TOC just fine. I'd like to add the author names in brackets to the respective titles in the TOC but not to the titles in the text. How would I best achieve this?

From what I've read in the Pages '09 User Guide, you can alter the style of the TOC, but the content is identical to the content of the paragraphs taged to be in the TOC.

You might try adding the author names to those paragraphs/headings, then setting the text of the names to white in the heading, and all the text to black in the TOC entry.

Regards,
Barry

Manipulating the TOC: Adding text to TOC entries

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.