Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Ipad is restarting every 2 min and is not possible to charge it

Sinse five days my IPAD is restarting every 2 min. basically is restarting as long there is available power in it.
I have tried to restart device several time but no success at all.
What do you suggest to do

IPAD, iOS 4

Posted on Dec 6, 2010 8:20 AM

5 replies

Dec 6, 2010 9:06 AM in response to hadzima

Have you tried to hard reset: hold the sleep/power button and home button at the same time until the Apple logo appears, and then let the unit restart? If that doesn't work, have you connected to a computer, iTunes and retored to factory settings?

Do you have any idea why the iPad started behaving this way? Did you do an upgrade or add apps, or something else?

Dec 7, 2010 7:02 AM in response to Ralph Landry1

I tried alredy to reset it with home and On/OFF botom no help

It actually start after upgrading to 4.2 software.

My problem now is that IPAD is restarting all the time and I am not able to do much. Tried last night to Restart again just to get to factory version but not enough time. IPAD is swiching on and off every 1-2 min and Itunes can start reset before new swithc off accure

Aug 31, 2015 6:32 AM in response to hadzima

I just recently had this same problem, and tried many things and heres the fix that worked for me (i guess the reason why it does this is because the battery was dead, and the iPad doesn't have enough power to charge up :

Once the apple icon screen appears press and hold the home button until the screen with the charger wire shows up. (as if you were going to restore it) then plug it into an outlet and let it charge with that screen on. (you can prob also try to leave plugged into the charger while you press the home button to get to the wire screen) it worked for me.(i had it plugged in a car charger) I tried another method posted online that involves 30-40 attempts of pressing the top button to try to unlock really quick but it didn't work for me. it reset too fast.

Let me know if this works for you.

My Ipad is restarting every 2 min and is not possible to charge it

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.