Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adding symbols

how do I add a vertical line "symbol" in my text (it looks like the "I" to the left).

I'm searching on symbols and text and I seem not to find what I am looking for. In word this was Insert > Symbol. Thanks a ton.

Mac OS X (10.6.3), Mac Pro, MacBook Pro

Posted on Dec 6, 2010 12:20 PM

4 replies

Dec 8, 2010 10:00 PM in response to Hotwheels22

Some symbols for writing words, you can see in the Key board palette. In the system Preferences you can go Keyboard > keyboard > check show Keyboard and ... in the menubar. You'll get an icon looking like a flag. Click on it and choose Keyboard. Now you have the keyboard so if you press different keys like shift etc you will see which other to press to get a certain letter or symbol. For other symbols go Edit > Special characters

Dec 9, 2010 6:05 AM in response to Hotwheels22

Hotwheels22 wrote:
jesus (spanish pronunciation). I've always done this in word by inserting a symbol.

can I please ask you if there is in fact a way to insert other symbols and if there is a way to do various grammatical symbols?

Pages is Unicode aware so we may insert every character (or glyph) which is defined in the font used.

From my point of view the more efficient tool delivered by Apple to insert these characters is the Character Palette.

User uploaded file

Yvan KOENIG (VALLAURIS, France) jeudi 9 décembre 2010 15:05:11

adding symbols

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.