Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Replacement Battery for iphone 3gs and ios4.2 compatible

Can anybody recommend a replacement battery for iphone 3gs that is compatible with ios4.2. I tried iphone 3gs battery from digiexpress, but that did not work.

Iphone 3gs, iOS 4

Posted on Dec 6, 2010 4:22 PM

2 replies

Dec 24, 2010 3:57 PM in response to hjd17

tried installing other replacement batteries while running iOS4 on my 3GS ... 1500 mAh -- higher than OEM. no P/N listed. would not allow full boot or screen boot. did some research online and found others that had same problem and boot errors. also, found some that figured out had to do with Apple P/N ... OEM part number was 616-0433. the others figured through tests that p/n's needed to be same or higher than OEM. i found a vendor online that had the OEM part for about $8, and it included screw driver and nylon tool for use in battery replacement. fast service on the shipping, as well. installed, and works great. OEM battery specs, too. so, no increased battery life. oh well. 🙂

ISO9001: 2000 certified a plus. who knows ... maybe same manufacturer as OEM Apple batteries?!

Enessy/Digital Power Pro (UTAH) www.digitalpowerpro.com
can find them on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200554689517

Replacement Battery for iphone 3gs and ios4.2 compatible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.