Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What is the difference between Themes in iMovie '11 and Themes in iDVD?

I need to get something straight in my mind because its been 4 years since I've made an iMovie and I'm now embarking on a new, long project. I am reading The Missing Manual for '09 and much is coming back to memory from earlier editions of iMovie, but my question is not addressed in that book. I'm sure that some of you experienced iMovie users can explain what happens to the Theme that one selects in iMovie when you export to iDVD and are then supposed to select a theme? Thanks for the help.`

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5), iMovie '11

Posted on Dec 6, 2010 8:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 6, 2010 10:43 PM

When you export your project everything you created, including the theme elements, is baked into that movie. This is entirely separate from any menu theme you select in iDVD.
1 reply

What is the difference between Themes in iMovie '11 and Themes in iDVD?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.