Skip navigation

MacBook Pro Logic Board Failure

483680 Views 1,307 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2014 7:22 AM by G309903 RSS Branched to a new discussion.
  • poikkeus1 Level 3 Level 3 (955 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 10:05 AM (in response to Csound1)

    Csound1,

    Your experience mirrors mine. I manage a smaller group of machines going back ten years, but haven't experienced a single hardware problem.

     

    Thorador,

    You've clearly had some bad luck with Macs and/or have experienced temperature-based issues. But spelling and grammar issues (and some exaggeration) undercut your point.

  • Anic264b Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 10:15 AM (in response to Csound1)

    The only thing I said is you're responding to Thorador as if he was the only one affected by the problem, just because that problem hasn't hurt you. That's also a fantasy.

  • Csound1 Level 7 Level 7 (32,385 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 10:20 AM (in response to Anic264b)

    Anic264b wrote:

     

    The only thing I said is you're responding to Thorador as if he was the only one affected by the problem, just because that problem hasn't hurt you. That's also a fantasy.

    This is what you said

    Why don't you count the other people who also complain? That makes a bunch more.

    What you claim to have said is just another fantasy.

  • Anic264b Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 10:23 AM (in response to Csound1)

    It's easy to tell someone about fantasy just because you don't want to hear something. Now, you've not answered about the fact that you only considered Thorador alone, just because you didn't experienced the same problem. That just means you can't answer to everything.

  • Csound1 Level 7 Level 7 (32,385 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 10:26 AM (in response to Anic264b)

    Anic264b wrote:

     

    It's easy to tell someone about fantasy just because you don't want to hear something. Now, you've not answered about the fact that you only considered Thorador alone, just because you didn't experienced the same problem. That just means you can't answer to everything.

    Au contraire, I am not singling Thorador out, I also consider you (with your 'bunches') an unreliable uninformed source of information.

  • Anic264b Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 10:28 AM (in response to Csound1)

    And it makes you smiling… Weird behaviour to like not relying on someone. I don't know how you can consider just reading this forum an uninformed source of information.

  • Csound1 Level 7 Level 7 (32,385 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 10:57 AM (in response to Anic264b)

    Anic264b wrote:

     

    I don't know how you can consider just reading this forum an uninformed source of information.

     

    Stop putting words in my mouth, I singled you (and others) out as unreliable sources, not the whole forum.

  • Anic264b Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 6, 2013 11:13 AM (in response to Csound1)

    And I said I was just telling what I read in the forums. You may trust whatever you want, it won't change much.

  • Thorador Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 7, 2013 8:17 AM (in response to poikkeus1)

    poikkeus1 wrote:

     

    Csound1,

    Your experience mirrors mine. I manage a smaller group of machines going back ten years, but haven't experienced a single hardware problem.

     

    Thorador,

    You've clearly had some bad luck with Macs and/or have experienced temperature-based issues. But spelling and grammar issues (and some exaggeration) undercut your point.

    When you speak 6 languages like me you can start talking about spelling and gramar. The fact is English is the most distorted language on the planet. If you disagree look at all the born people in the US who can not learn to spell. Then decide if there is something wrong. Also picking at someones spelling and not looking at what is being descused is troll behaviour go troll somewhere else.

  • Thorador Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 7, 2013 8:31 AM (in response to Csound1)

    I can't count other people for I have no access to demographics nor do I plan on doing a study on this. Also you cannot trust the number of complains. I am willing to bet that there are millions of users out there that are not even aware of their mac books having issues. Most users use a lap top on the road and never care to hook it up to a monitor. Also mind you that my mac book only has these vidio issue with a 28 inch monitor i have at 1900x1200 resolution. It works fine with my HDMI tv. Which is at 1600x1080p. Also it crashed within 30 min of use on the 27 inch 2500x1400 res screen at the apple store. So if you ocasionaly hook it up to a tv or never hook it up to external display like I suppose 60 to 80 percent of people do. You wont even notice. Also this may be a problem on the dual video card models. The one that has the 3000 and 6750 video chips. The 2011 model. So most users may be oblivious to this video issue.

    Csound1 wrote:

     

    Anic264b wrote:

     

    The only thing I said is you're responding to Thorador as if he was the only one affected by the problem, just because that problem hasn't hurt you. That's also a fantasy.

    This is what you said

    Why don't you count the other people who also complain? That makes a bunch more.

    What you claim to have said is just another fantasy.

  • TYDYsails Level 2 Level 2 (150 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 9, 2013 5:36 PM (in response to Keith Walsh)

    Dear All

     

    I made several posts earlier regarding my MBP 2007 logicboard failure. I had a new logicboard fitted on the 7 November 2012 at a total cost of GBP 505. On the 3 March 2013, I had a working MBP during the day until I woke it from sleep in the evening and was faced with a black screen. I have come to the reasonable conclusion that the GPU has failed again. The timing, as usual, is immaculate. Left the UK one week before and return in June. So, I have decided, rightly or wrongly, to buy a new MBP. There is not an Apple Store/reseller in sight in the western Caribbean so thank goodness for the internet (not often I say that!).

     

    I have used another MBP to connect with mine, both in Target Mode (firewire) and by sharing (ethernet). I can access the hard drive (new, would you believe last year, and 1TB) by both methods. I cannot screen share. It says I am using the wrong password, I am not, but I believe that is confirmation there is no "screen" to see via the GPU.

     

    That is the end of my story and my beloved MBP. Thanks Apple.

     

    Cheers

     

    TY

  • Shootist007 Level 6 Level 6 (16,640 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 9, 2013 5:49 PM (in response to TYDYsails)

    But yet you are going to buy another Mac after this total failure of a system that should not of failed and or been recalled and fixed properly the first time. No wonder Apple has all that cash in the bank.

     

    Good Luck & Best Wishes.

    TYDYsails wrote:

     

    Dear All

     

    I made several posts earlier regarding my MBP 2007 logicboard failure. I had a new logicboard fitted on the 7 November 2012 at a total cost of GBP 505. On the 3 March 2013, I had a working MBP during the day until I woke it from sleep in the evening and was faced with a black screen. I have come to the reasonable conclusion that the GPU has failed again. The timing, as usual, is immaculate. Left the UK one week before and return in June. So, I have decided, rightly or wrongly, to buy a new MBP.

    That is the end of my story and my beloved MBP. Thanks Apple.

     

    Cheers

     

    TY

  • TYDYsails Level 2 Level 2 (150 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2013 10:45 AM (in response to Shootist007)

    Hi

     

    Yes, incredibly sad isn't it. Apple do not realise the value, nor support, of their long time clientele. They do not deserve us. Unfortunately, I do not see a viable option for me. I should love to buy the Samsung laptop I advertised in an earlier post. It appears to have everything an Apple does not - except for the OS - big HD, SSD, DVD drive, huge RAM and a three year guarantee for GBP 800. I have been using Apple since 1986 and yes, I am a little long in the tooth, but in those days the option was an IBM PC with a black screen, green letters and DOS. The Apple laserwriter cost GBP 7,500 and we had one. So, here I am am being treated like you know what by the present incumbents. I have so much on my MBP, not to mention the software, that I cannot really transfer it to a PC. Some of it I can but then there is the iMac 27 at home with 3 iPads, iPhones, etc.. I am stuck away from all that for eight months a year with only a satellite connection - slow and expensive. This will be my last one prior to my retirement and will hopefully see me through - then I'll just play golf and not the stock market. There is the possibility that the broken MBP can be repaired by the guy who charged me GBP 450 for the logicboard so daughter can get some use from it. She uses a Dell for school (HD failed after 11 months) but still has an iMac 17 working fine in her room to blast out iTunes - and how old is that one? There is also a fully working MacBook somewhere in a drawer. I can say that I am going cheap this time. I have looked at the 13" and that will do. I do not need a retina display but I do need the DVD drive. With regard to the retina display - we have old and new iPads and unless they are side by side - can you tell the difference? I suppose that as I only use them for Sudoku I am not really likely to notice.

     

    So, a 13" i7 at around $1350 instead of the 15" non-glossy with 8MB RAM at $2000 will do me fine. The difference is what I paid for my new logicboard I guess.

     

    Maybe, just maybe, when they decide to hand out some of that cash to shareholders, it might pay for the MBP!!

     

    Cheers

     

    TY

  • Csound1 Level 7 Level 7 (32,385 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2013 10:47 AM (in response to TYDYsails)

    TYDYsails wrote:

     

     

    Maybe, just maybe, when they decide to hand out some of that cash to shareholders, it might pay for the MBP!!

    They do

    On January 23, 2013, Apple's Board of Directors declared a cash dividend of $2.65 per share of the Company's common stock.

  • Dino1956 Level 1 Level 1 (40 points)
    Currently Being Moderated
    Mar 10, 2013 12:11 PM (in response to TYDYsails)

    I just can't believe how many Macbooks are affected by this & that there was no Recall & they are just avoiding the entire issue. I have a 2011 13" MBPcurrently, but I want my 2007 17" MBP to be repaired. I loved that machine. As I get older I find the 17" is a lot easier on my eyes. And now my favorite Mac is a door stop. I must have about 30 Apple Products in my home. I collect some of the older Macs. Clamshell Laptop, iMac G3 & G4. The logic board & everything else on these older Macs are fine. Not one problem. So this is a definite defect. I wish Apple would realize the people they are alienating are their long term Loyal Customers.

1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 ... 88 Previous Next

Actions

More Like This

  • Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (28)

Legend

  • This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.