Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change id associated with Facetime

Hi there,

How does one change the id associated with Facetime.
I first brought two ipod touch 4th Gen. Registered each one with a separate Apple id. I don't recall what the initial setup screen for facetime was like when I started it first time.

But now I brought a iphone 4 and used the same apple id associated with one of the ipod touches for the iphone. So now when I call from the iphone4 to this ipod using Facetime, the call goes through but it's wierd to see the same name on both devices. Same names here are the caller and the called party.

I see zero options to change anything for facetime besides just adding new contacts. There is nothing in Settings menu either.

HP dv6510, Ipod touch 4th Gen

Posted on Dec 7, 2010 8:06 AM

5 replies

Dec 7, 2010 10:47 AM in response to Navin2004

You go to Setting>FaceTime and click on the the one you want to delete and a page will come up with an button for deleting the email address. In Settings>FaceTime there is also an option for adding another email address. Touch it and add a valid email address. The process for a non-Apple ID address has Apple send to the account an email which has a link you must go to to complete the process.

Apr 1, 2011 7:37 AM in response to lllaass

However this doesn't seem to work if you want to use an email address with another account. For example when we'd originally set up facetime, my wife used her email address with my Apple ID. Now we want to set it up on her Apple ID. I can delete the address from facetime, but when I log back into facetime with her Apple ID and try to use the email, it says that it is already associated with another account.

Change id associated with Facetime

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.