Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Poor selection of movies for Australian iTunes store

I love the idea of Apple TV and want to buy one.
However I would REALLY like to request that Apple increase the range of movies available to rent, at least equivalent to my local DVD rental shop (no reason iTunes shouldn’t have a bigger range, not less).

I like to watch a range of movies. I enjoy a Hollywood blockbuster from time to time, but prefer quality arthouse movies (ie those screening in Dendy or Palace cinemas in Australia).
PLEASE increase your range of European and/or Australian movies as well as American.
For example, Animal Kingdom (Australian) sounds great and I’d love to rent it, but it is only available to buy, with no rental date listed.
I never buy movies (waste of money to watch them once).
Please make it available to RENT as well as buy.

A lot of Mac users are intelligent people with broad tastes. They don’t just watch mainstream Hollywood fluff.
Some of my favourite movies I've rented from my DVD shop this year include:
In the Loop (excellent British comedy)
Departures (fabulous Japanese movie)
The Last Station (about Tolstoy)
Red Road (British)
Welcome (French movie)
Paradise Now (amazing Palestinian Movie)

PLEASE offer a decent range of movies to rent on iTunes. I’d love to change to Apple TV but the selection is currently too dumbed down.
American teen comedies and action movies have their place are not enough.
There must be decent movies in the European iTunes stores – please bring them here. If so I’ll be there to rent them, along with many others.....

If the video shops can afford to keep the DVDs, why can’t iTunes make them available to download?
Come on Apple get with the program. PLEASE!!

iMac i5 27 inch

Posted on Dec 7, 2010 5:21 PM

4 replies

Jan 1, 2014 10:54 PM in response to OhYesSir

Again, as already stated this is not an Apple restriction. Apple sells what ever content the copyright holders are willing to sell. The movie copyright holders have been extremely slow to move to digital content sales. Just like the music and TV industries they are having to be dragged to it. There is nothing Apple can do if the copyright holders refuse to sell their content in digital form.

Poor selection of movies for Australian iTunes store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.