Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail signature logo shows as attachment on Outlook

Hi,

I have signature on my mail account with logo, when I send an email to Outlook users thy receive the logo in signature as attachment and it doesn't show in the end of the msg!

My colleague have same signature but with no problem with Outlook, his signature looks good.

I tried to change attachment setting (Edit -> Attachments) but with no luck.
Even I checked "Always match my default message font" but same problem here.

It doesn't make sense!
Any ideas?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5), 2.4 MHz, 4.0G RAM, 260G HDD, TC 500G

Posted on Dec 8, 2010 2:22 AM

6 replies

Dec 8, 2010 4:09 AM in response to wafi

Outlook is very bad at handling anything but Outlook.
There various workarounds to get the email formatted so that Outlook doesn't choke.

First, set the attachment prefs to always send windows friendly and put all attachments at end of message.
Second, you will need to change the message font to something other than your default font. One way to make this easier is to create an automatic signature that uses the font you want in the first line. When you start a new message, click in the first line of the signature and go from there. Make sure default font is not same as that signature font.

Or, just send plain text.

Message was edited by: Barney-15E

Dec 12, 2010 4:42 AM in response to Barney-15E

I tried that and same problem!

even I worked through this link with no luck:
http://www.createarevolution.com/blog/2008/02/07/creating-an-html-signature-in-a pple-mail/

really I got tired from this issue!!!

I just reached that the best way to deal with this issue is like the following:
1- Do HTML signature like the link above.
2- Make all attachments insert in the end of the message (in mail -> Edit -> Attachments -> Always Include Attachments at The End of Message)
3- Always send Windows-friendlly attachment (Edit -> Attachments -> Always Send Windows-Friendlly Attachments)

If you have any other suggestion I'll appreciate it.

Jan 13, 2011 5:22 PM in response to wafi

I had the same problem it fixed it as follows.
1)Send the image that you want to use to some one that has outlook on a pc.
2)Ask them to place this image in their signature in outlook. (This will create the right formatting and code within the email for the signature to work(according to outlook))
3) Ask them now to send you an email with this signature attached ( the modified one with your signature image)
4) Open the email from your friend that sent you back your signature image. Wipe over the image to select it then copy.
5)Open Preferences in mac mail. go to signature section were you want to place the image
6) Past into the mac mail signature pain.

Job Done.
Woo Hooo!

Mail signature logo shows as attachment on Outlook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.