Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change the order of photos in an event

Hi
How do I change the order of my photos that are in an event in other words I would like to move one photo to the other side (left or right) of the photos that are in the event.
Ta

2.93GHz Intel Core i7, Mac OS X (10.6.4), Memory 8GB

Posted on Dec 8, 2010 4:05 AM

8 replies

Dec 8, 2010 4:29 AM in response to George Hilton

George

Events are organisation for those who can't really be bothered. They are automatic - based entirely on Date and Time the camera records the photos as taken.

You can move photos between Events, you can Merge Events, you can Rename them and sort them in various ways except one: You cannot manually sort in an Event as Events are all automated.

If you want to manually sort in an Event then you've outgrown Events as an organising tool. Now it's time to look at albums (Where you can manually sort) which are much more flexible than Events as an organising tool.

Regards

TD

Dec 8, 2010 2:39 PM in response to George Hilton

Type in the name of the city/town where the picture was taken in the Assign a Place field and it will automatically give you a list of possible locations. Select the one closest to the exact location.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

Then use the Windows ➙ Manage my Places menu option to go to the map where you click on the location in the list at the left and then can precisely move the pin to where it needs to be.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

User uploaded file
OT

Dec 10, 2010 7:14 PM in response to Yer_Man

I understand one can reorganize photos in an album. When I burn the album, the photos are reorganized back into the dat/time order ... and if the album was created from two separate events, the burned DVD also beaks the photos into the different events. Is there a way to burn a DVD that keeps the photos in the order that they are in the album?

Thanks,

Peter

Dec 11, 2010 12:47 AM in response to PCKelly55

Peter:

If you use the Share -> Burn command you get a mini-iPhoto Library on the disk. This is useful for sharing with other iPhoto Users or back up. If, however, you just want the shots in order on a disk

Here's one (of several) way(s) to do what you want:

1. Photos Menu: Batch Change -> Set Title to Text "John's Birthday", for instance, and tick the box to append a number to each Photo. Now your photos are titled 'John's Birthday 001, John's Birthday 002 ... etc'

3. Then File -> Export and in the Export dialogue set the Filename to "Use Title"

4. Sort on Filename in the FInder and you end up with a folder full of images in the same order as the Album in iPhoto.

Regards

TD

Change the order of photos in an event

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.