Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto insufficient disk space??

Hello there

I have just purchased the new Mac Book Pro OS X 10.6.3. Have wanted to import some of my pics into iPhoto but a notice came up which said "Insufficient disk space - Photo cannot import your photos because there is not enough free space on the volume containing your iPhoto library." I have not got a single picture in iPhoto yet and with this computer being new I have not got much on it at all so far?

Does anyone have any advice for me with how i can rectify this problem?

Thanks

Mac OS X, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Dec 8, 2010 5:20 AM

39 replies

Mar 10, 2011 4:40 AM in response to Lostinasia

Hello,

I was able to figure part of this problem out by process of elimination. As it turns out, in my case, the message really didn't have anything to do with size, but with specific files. I a specific folder I recovered from my wife's computer (107MB)is the one that was making iPhoto generate the error message. I just finished importing a 7GB folder with no issues at all.

I am not sure if the problem is the permissions set for the folder and its containing items, but even after I changed said permissions, I am still receiving the same error message.

I recommend you try importing a different set of pictures to see isolate the problem to a specific group of files and then go from there.

Mar 31, 2011 8:00 AM in response to monstersmom

Hi,

Just had the same issue (and found this thread). Was trying to import some photos I had in my NAS to my wife's iPhoto.

In my case, turns out there were AVI files in the folders that I was trying to import. Once I excluded them, the import went ok.

Strange thing is, when I imported from the digital camera to iPhoto, the AVI files were imported successfully.

regards

Aug 29, 2011 10:55 AM in response to darkedge3

darkedge3 wrote:

Does anyone have a solution to this?

Its now affecting me and is VERY annoying

Since I updated to Lion and iphoto '11 i've had nothing but trouble and its very frustrating when 'updates' cause problems to something that was working perfectly fine before

anyone had any joy?

If you read the thread you will find several different solutions for different people - Have you read it? Have you tried the ones that worked for others?

LN

iPhoto insufficient disk space??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.