Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

.mov files play w/ distorted sound, iTunes ok

Newly developed problem, results in distorted audio playback from .mov files when played in Mozilla 3.6, Safari 5, using a mozilla reported 7.6.6 plugin. The same file downloaded and played in QT X is also distorted. However, iTunes audio is fine.

Here's an example link: http://www.mupromo.com/

For the record"

15 inch MacBook Pro (pre-unibody)
Mac OS X Snow Leopard, fully up to date
Quicktime 10 and Quicktime Pro 7 installed

Also, I've done the trick where one moves the plugin file out of, and then back into the Library folder to get Mozilla to recognize the current version.

Any help appreciated

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 8, 2010 7:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 8, 2010 7:50 AM

Any help appreciated

Can't duplicate problem on my Leopard or Snow Leopard systems using the posted URL.

User uploaded file
2 replies

Dec 8, 2010 8:29 AM in response to Jon Walker

My apologies...

Looks like an odd hardware problem. Turns out all audio on MacBook was affected when playing through external speakers. Headphones work just fine. To confuse things even more, an iPod plugged into the external speakers works just fine. It's only when the external speakers are connected to the MacBook that the audio distortion becomes an issue. Time to lift a ground, I think...

.mov files play w/ distorted sound, iTunes ok

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.