Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google Calendars not showing up in iCal

I have just arranged to sync up google calendars with iCal, but for some reason I can see them on the mac, but not when I look at the iPad, even after synching and selecting "all calendars"

Any advice?

iPad

Posted on Dec 9, 2010 10:22 PM

13 replies

Jan 22, 2014 12:56 PM in response to myasaee

Here is the weird problem I am having. I have done the sync and followed the steps with the /syncselect link. However, I can get ONLY my sub calendars to appear in iCal and not my default (main) Google calendar.

I've removed the account from my mac, added it again, that didn't work. Then I removed the sub calendars, added those again (through sync select), neither of those worked. I even tried to add it in as a manual calendar using the long URL specific to the calendar with the /user at the end (CalDAV old settings) but that also didn't work.

Anyone else had this issue?

Nov 25, 2015 7:43 AM in response to Jim Marks

Most helpful link found was this one:

https://calendar.google.com/calendar/syncselect

This allowed me to individually select all the different calendars that were offered to my Google account. To be visible in the iOS calendar app, not needing. Good news is that I didn't need to download the Google calendar app at all. NOTE: Use the above link on a desktop rather than your smartphone.

Apr 7, 2016 11:24 PM in response to EscaBeloved

Hi there,

I have similar situation seeing google calendar appointments on my Mac, and iOS devices.

If I make an event on icloud calendar i can see it all across every devices but I wanted to share my schedule with my partner so we decided to make our appointments/events on google calendar but I will view that on my iOS calendar.

so now, I simply edit my event to move it to Google calendar on my iPhone... Done! then I see the event disappear from my Mac screen. ***?

so now I reverse the event back to be under "icloud" account..... everything is normal again.

so this time, I edit my event from my Mac calendar screen to go under "google" account. and then the event disappear from my iPhone screen... ***? so I can only see on one device at a time? I tried so many ways to fix this problem...... BUT NOW I FOUND MY SOLUTION..

As soon as you move the appointment away from iCloud account, it disappear from the screen straight away. but Google events/calendar don't work that fast with showing upon Mac or iOS screen so you can't see it for a while..... THE SOLUTION? believe it or not, is just to referensh your calendar by pressing Control-R or Command-R.

hope your problem is as simple as mine.

Google Calendars not showing up in iCal

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.