Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sony Bravia Tv + Airport Express.

I recently extended my wifi system and added an Airport Express to my Time Capsule. This was to provide a better signal and music link to my stereo.

I have bought a Sony Bravia Tv which does have the option of buying a dongle to access the internet directly from the tv, which I hope will work!

Has anyone any experience of this?
I stream music from my iPod Touch to the AE to provide music. Is it possible to stream to the television and " show " iTunes on the tv screen?

Grateful for any advice or past experience comments. Thank you.

Powerbook G4, Mac OS X (10.5.6), iMac 17 inch

Posted on Dec 10, 2010 1:12 PM

6 replies

Dec 14, 2010 8:09 AM in response to Mike Gunnill

Haven't tried this yet...hoping for an Apple TV from Santa...but my understanding is that you would need Apple TV to be able to stream movies, audio, photos, etc to the television. You'll use one of the HDMI inputs on the Sony or an audio video receiver if you have the receiver controlling sources and audio in a home theater setup.

If you wanted to stream audio only, an AirPort Express would do the job with the right kind of audio plugs/adapters.

Message was edited by: Bob Timmons

Jan 18, 2011 2:11 AM in response to Mike Gunnill

Bump!

I have bought a sony Bravia... it is wired via ethernet cable into my Orange livebox router. Works fine with the internet apps on there (iplayer, youtube etc).

It will also pick up my Sony Vaio laptop and I can browse my itunes library via the TV remote, this then comes out of speakers I have plugged into the TV headphone port via 3.5mm jack. But the interface is cluncky and I would sooner use my laptop to control the audio coming out of my TV and connected speakers. OR be able to see itunes on my TV without having to hardwire the laptop to the TV.

In thory, could I set up an airport express behind the TV and then plug 3.5mm jack to the AV in and stream to the Airport via itunes and airtunes then out via the speakers connected to the TV?

I could connect the speakers to the AE but then would have to change over the plus every time I want to use them I guess?

Sony Bravia Tv + Airport Express.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.