Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone not seen in iTunes

Just had to install a new hard drive in my MBPro. Was able to migrate from previous drive but when I go to sync my phone to iTunes it does not show up in the menu. Any suggestions?

Macbook Pro 2.2Ghz 15"/500GB/4Gram, Mac OS X (10.6), iPhone 3G/Nano 3&4/Shuffle2/Airport X/

Posted on Dec 10, 2010 4:39 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 10, 2010 4:48 PM

Download and reinstall iTunes. You don't have to delete it first, you can install over the current copy.
9 replies

Dec 12, 2010 3:15 AM in response to ibuddha718

hi
I am unable to sync my iphone4 with my windows7 laptop.It was running all rite few days back.I downloaded few torrent softwares and other softwares.I don’t know whether this is the case its not workin on my laptop or its somthng else bcoz it is working on other systems.pls help me….I tried uninstalling and reinstalling of itunes as well... pls help me

Dec 12, 2010 12:20 PM in response to ibuddha718

hey people
ive got windows 7 on a 64bit system,my iphone(16gb 3gs) was sent away for a screen repair and has now came back with new software which isnt registering on my itunes account,also ive tried downloading itunes 10 which isnt happening too! ive uninstalled itunes and re-installed which still isnt helping. if anybody has advice on the matter it would be much appreciated. Cheers!

Dec 12, 2010 1:40 PM in response to sahilnarang

I didn't say bittorrent software WOULD cause a problem, but that it might because it modifies network settings. I can't tell you what settings it modifies, because all of the clients are different. You can try uninstalling any torrent software to see if that fixes it. Someplace else to look is in your hosts file; as a torrent user you should understand something about how it works and should know where to find that. It's likely in %windir%system32driversetchosts. Any entries in that file that reference Apple should be removed.

Another possibility is the protocol window size. Run REGEDIT and search for TCPWindowSize; if you find an entry for it delete that entry, which will cause Windows to restore the default value. Back it up first for safety, of course.

iPhone not seen in iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.