Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GarageBand Amplifiers vs Real Amplifiers !

I have just bought my first electric guitar yesterday and i was wondering about , do i really need to get
an amplifier or can i just use those amplifiers that come with GarageBand , i mean does it give the same
performance and quality ?! (i mean for those who had both experience) ! .

Message was edited by: aboda.tech

Message was edited by: aboda.tech

IMAC, Mac OS X (10.6.5), -

Posted on Dec 11, 2010 4:20 PM

6 replies

Dec 11, 2010 11:29 PM in response to aboda.tech

For computer recording, software simulators work well. There are much better and more expensive sims you can buy that do a better job. But for me you will never get the sound and feel of a real tube amp played through a well broken-in guitar speaker.

Using your computer while learning guitar will be fine. But for portability, durability, volume and feel you need a amp. There are plenty of inexpensive small amps with onboard sims and effects that will get you pretty far.

Dec 13, 2010 11:15 PM in response to aboda.tech

you can definitely start with the amps in garageband, just need an audio interface to plug the guitar in. these range from a simple USB adapter up to high end interfaces.

with a decent amp simulation (like NI Guitar Rig for example) you can get some really nice sounds for recording and make a huge variety of sounds without having to buy a million different amps, mics and effects pedals.

but as has been said, there is no substitute for the volume and feel of a decent amp. plus you will learn what the amp actually does from using an amp much more than from simulations.

either way good luck! much fun awaits.

GarageBand Amplifiers vs Real Amplifiers !

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.