Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Airport Express as Xbox360 internet connection

Hi,

I have a 1st generation Time Capsule (TC) which serves as the base wireless station at home. The TC is located in the living room. Now I am trying to find a wireless adaptor for my xbox in my room, but will the airport express be able to receive the wireless signal from my TC wirelessly and provide internet connection to my xbox through it's ethernet port?

Many Tks.

MBP, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 12, 2010 3:37 AM

1 reply

Dec 12, 2010 6:38 AM in response to kmkng

Welcome to the discussion area, kmkng!

...but will the airport express be able to receive the wireless signal from my TC wirelessly and provide internet connection to my xbox through it's ethernet port?

Yes. The AirPort Express 802.11n would give you a couple of options:

1) If you also need more wireless coverage in the area where the Express will be located, you can configure it to "extend a wireless network"

2) If you don't need more wireless coverage in the area around the Express, you can configure it to "join a wireless network"

In both cases, the ethernet port is enabled, so you can connect and ethernet device. If you happen to need more ethernet ports, you can add an ethernet switch as well

Airport Express as Xbox360 internet connection

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.