Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video

I can't figure out why I get an airplay icon on website video on my iPad, but when I try to stream it to my apple tv, all I get is audio. Another post said the only way to get video is thru iTunes or from YouTube. But if that is the case, why does the airplay logo show up on playable video on my. Safari browser on my iPad?

iMac intel core duo, MacBook Pro 2Ghz Intel core duo, iPhone 4, Mac OS X (10.4.10)

Posted on Dec 12, 2010 7:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 12, 2010 11:36 PM

As i understand it this is what happens with all apps that are not native to the iOS device...... you didn't mention which browser you were doing. If I hard wire my iPad or iPhone with websites I get the same result...... which is OK for radio. an app called WebShow may do it for you.... but this is still a hard wired connection. The other possibility is that the file format is not recognized by ATV2. See the Apple ATV support for a list of file types. Hope this helps
6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 12, 2010 11:36 PM in response to Phil Rogers

As i understand it this is what happens with all apps that are not native to the iOS device...... you didn't mention which browser you were doing. If I hard wire my iPad or iPhone with websites I get the same result...... which is OK for radio. an app called WebShow may do it for you.... but this is still a hard wired connection. The other possibility is that the file format is not recognized by ATV2. See the Apple ATV support for a list of file types. Hope this helps

Dec 13, 2010 6:06 AM in response to Phil Rogers

Hi Phil. For video, Airplay currently only works with the iPod/Video app and the Youtube app. Photos work in the Photos app as well. All other apps currently only do audio over Airplay so the icon shows up to allow it. Works well for internet based radio apps (like Pandora, Last.fm, or NPR), music apps, and other audio based apps. Also works well for watching a movie or tv show on your iPad using something like EyeTV, Air Video, or Hulu Plus and letting the audio play in 5.1 surround on your home theater system.

Video

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.