Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

RESTORE does NOT restore all apps to a 4G (from a 3GS backup). WHY APPLE?

I had a 3GS. I backed it up via iTunes.

Then I got a 4G. I restored from backup.

Guess what? All apps DID NOT RESTORE. WOW! I've heard this same thing happened to a coworker.

All the Apple employees, AT&T employees... WRONG. Apparantly, restore does not exactly work or it's not as simple as these folks say it is. This is really screwed up. I've heard 2 cases of this happening now. So why does the restore TO 4G, from a 3GS backup NOT work properly?

iPhone OS 3.1.3

Posted on Dec 12, 2010 7:35 PM

5 replies

Dec 12, 2010 8:27 PM in response to Chris CA

Good god... To restore DATA, you have to have the app for which the data belongs.
And it DOES restore APPS. SOME of them. Definitely didn't restore ALL of them. Would like to know why it only restore some and not all of them. BTW, if you press button to sync music, guess what: iTunes syncs EVERYTHING, not just the music. iTUNES *****.

Jan 5, 2011 3:51 PM in response to Chris CA

This is something completely different. I just need to get in contact with "thespaciousmind":
You did write a review on one of mye apps on Dec 20.
"Looks interesting but no 3GS support. Apparently not working on 4G. No wonder its free. Lazy developer!"

May I ask you how do you really know that this for sure, that I am lazy?? Do you really think its any inspiring to continue for me on the 3GS update with reviews to the public like that?
I work really hard on all my projects, and the 4G version worked perfectly... but I had to remove it from appstore because of comments like yours.

Can you please post a better review or at least take away "lazy", because thats not true!

Thank you!

RESTORE does NOT restore all apps to a 4G (from a 3GS backup). WHY APPLE?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.