2502 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jan 9, 2011 2:43 PM by David Krug
I recently had this same error message problem with my 3GS. Here's everything I did, one of the steps solved the problem...
1. Restarted with the phone unattached.
2. Repaired permissions using Disk Utility.
3. Restarted the phone. Here's where I had some difficulty: After swiping to confirm the shutdown, the screen went black, and I had the spinning icon that wouldn't go away. I ended up having to hold the lock and home buttons down to force shutdown the phone. I powered it back up, and it took forever to start, but it eventually did. I then power-cycled it one more time, and everything was back to normal.
4. Started up iTunes. Go into the preferences, and under the "Devices" tab, I found my previous backup. I deleted it.
5. Plugged in the phone, and everything was normal. iTunes made a new backup, so the sync took awhile, but it was successful.