Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MPEG Streamclip- which compression option to choose?

I am using mpeg streamclip to convert some mod files into editable ones to use on FCP5. The footage was shot with an SD 16:9 camera at 25fps, which I have entered into the movie exporter. For the best outcome which compressor option should I select?

iMac OS X

Posted on Dec 13, 2010 12:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 13, 2010 12:39 PM

Export to QuickTime using the DV PAL or DVC Pro PAL codec. MPEG streamclip should correctly detect the correct aspect ratio and apply the Anamorphic flag to your clips.
7 replies

Dec 13, 2010 2:04 PM in response to JoanneLou

it has a black line either side of the clip...

You have somehow missed adding the Anamorphic flag. No problem, this can be added quickly in FCP.
Go to the Browser and scroll right until you see the column labelled "Anamorphic".
Click in that column next to each clip, adding a check mark. Your clips are now flagged.

and a grey line at the top and bottom...

The Window layout was previously 4:3 and replaces the area where there is no longer picture information with grey. Go to the menu bar and choose Window > Layout. Reselect the layout that you normally use. Alternatively, the keyboard shortcut, Ctrl and U will quickly give you the default layout.

MPEG Streamclip- which compression option to choose?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.