Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Video playing

Does anyone know how I could just listen to the audio of any video clip like listening to music audio in sleep mode (with the screen off)?

iPad WF+3G, iPhone OS 3.1.3, PC

Posted on Dec 14, 2010 5:52 AM

5 replies

Dec 29, 2010 7:56 AM in response to Rex Ng

Just purchased an iPad wi-fi 3G 64G on eBay. Synced with iTunes. I have a bunch of music videos (MP4) which got sent to the Music section of iTunes by Realplayer which had done the conversion. When I synced, it sent the videos to the Movie section on my iPad. I wanted to make some playlists like I have on my iPhone. I haven't figured out how to get my videos into the "Music Videos" section on my iPad. I created some playlists in iTunes which got synced to my iPad.

Problem 1: When I go to iPod and select a playlist and then select one of the videos it plays just fine. But only that video. When I play from a music album, it'll play all the songs. The problem is ... when I select SHUTTLE, it'll only play audio (on my iPhone, it'll play the audio and video). *What do I need to do to create a playlist that will play video in shuttle mode?*

Problem 2: I have my auto-lock set to 2 minutes (the screen is supposed to lock after 2 minutes of inactivity). On my iPhone, when playing a video in shuttle mode, the auto-lock will be disabled. But on my iPad, when playing a video in shuttle mode, it'll play the audio and auto-lock after 2 minutes and shut down the video (when playing music, the screen will go dark but the music will continue playing). *Where do I find the "setting" to disable auto-lock when playing a video in shuttle mode?*

Apr 16, 2012 8:26 AM in response to Rex Ng

To listen to music videos, whilst the idevice is locked...

Go on the music video via the ipod music section, and then pause it. Then, click the home button to get to the home screen. After this, double click the home button to get the small multitasking bar up at the bottom. Keep swiping right, so that you get to the furthest left. There should be a music play 'menu'. Click play, and then you can listen to the music shilst the ipad is sleeping. When you unlock it, the lock screen will show the beginning of the video as artwork.

To convert videos to music videos...

What you have to do is:

1. Put the Video on the films sectoin of ITunes

2. Then right click on the video and click on "Get Info"

3. Click on the options tab of the dialog box

4. Then on the drop down menu title "Media Kind", select "Music Video"

5. Deselect the tick box below that says "Skip when shuffling"

6. Click OK

The video wil now be in the music section, and also listed as a musci video on the video dection of your ipod. You can create a playlist titled "Musci Videos" and then put the music videos in that.

Hope this helps...

Video playing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.