Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleting SMTP server list

Hi ,

every time something goes wrong with my Hotmail account, I delete it and re-add it to my iP. However, it seems to be adding a new (or rather the same but a copy) outgoing SMTP server to the list rather than using the existing.

Any way to delete and just leave the active one?

Thanks very much.

iMac 27" i5 (Late 2009), Mac OS X (10.6.4), iPhone 3GS 16Gb iOS4, MBP 15" (mid 2010)

Posted on Dec 14, 2010 9:11 AM

8 replies

Dec 15, 2010 1:04 AM in response to Allan Sampson

Thanks Allan, that is the problem-the option to delete is not there.
When I go in to this mail accounts' settings, then into 'Outgoing SMTP server', the primary server is 'ON' but 'Other SMTP Servers' are 'OFF' (although they are the same)- I can switch them on and off but cannot clear from the list.

Any further advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Dec 15, 2010 6:04 AM in response to Allan Sampson

Correct.

I have now switched one of them on to check if the option to delete will appear but no, it does not.

In fact, now when I push it to 'OFF' and apply the changes, going back into it, it does not switch off anymore-staying constantly 'ON' (all of the SMTP servers) although I had only switched one on.

Message was edited by: stellamaris5

Deleting SMTP server list

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.