Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture won't import files from local HDD!

This is getting very annoying. Aperture won't even see any files (RAW or JPG or any other type of file) when I choose to import from my local HDD. In my import options, I have RAW + JPG and RAW as Master. However, I've tried every other option as well. Aperture simply doesn't see any files so that I can select them to import (literally, no files are displayed, images or otherwise, in any folder anywhere on the entire HDD). However, I can drag a folder on top of the Aperture icon on the dock and it imports the photos. It can also see and import images from CF cards just fine. I just updated to the latest version of Aperture tonight and the same problem exists.

This is driving me nuts!

iMac 27" i7, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 14, 2010 11:01 PM

8 replies

Dec 14, 2010 11:19 PM in response to sonicslp

I originally searched the forum for similar problems and the suggestions I found were to make sure RAW+JPEG Pairs were selected properly, but that didn't solve the issue. I just did some more searching and found a recommendation to close and reopen the import file browser. I tried that and it seems to have worked. This seems like an annoying bug that more and more people are experiencing from the little searching I've done.

Jul 25, 2011 4:54 AM in response to Tony Gay

Hi There,

Same here, aperture 3.1.3 I tried to import jpg's from our server into my library. Files should stay on the sever just be moved into the right place.

Permission are all alright, these files are new, no dublicates.

Can't see a single file...... it's hopeless.

Solution:

I needed to open the import buttom a few times now I can see my files...... not happy.

Message was edited by: travel.oli

Aug 29, 2011 1:05 AM in response to sonicslp

Similar problem here. Importing from card (or duplicated card structure) works, but tring to import MVIs directy (and other JPEGs) fails. Permisions are OK and opening the import dialog many times does not help.

What should have been a simple 5 min import has become hours of online searching. Very unhappy.

Aperture won't import files from local HDD!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.