Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Not waking up from sleep!

I bought a new Mac mini in May of this year. In the beginning I noticed that every now and then it will not awaken from sleep mode but now it appears to be happening more frequently. When this occurs I have to do a hard reboot and lose my data which is obviously very frustrating. I use the Apple wireless keyboard and mouse with my Mac mini and both have adequate battery power so I don't believe it's those devices that is the problem.

Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, are there any fixes out there?

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 16, 2010 10:43 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 17, 2010 6:11 AM

If you have an apple remote, try pressing its menu button to wake the mini.

Personally rather than losing my work, i'd just set the mini to not sleep and not sleep the hard drive - but set it to sleep the monitor. Done in system prefs > energy saver.

The mini uses very little energy.

If you've been doing lots of forced restarts be sure to verify your hard drive with disk utility.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 17, 2010 6:11 AM in response to sohrob76

If you have an apple remote, try pressing its menu button to wake the mini.

Personally rather than losing my work, i'd just set the mini to not sleep and not sleep the hard drive - but set it to sleep the monitor. Done in system prefs > energy saver.

The mini uses very little energy.

If you've been doing lots of forced restarts be sure to verify your hard drive with disk utility.

Not waking up from sleep!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.