Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SonicWALL Aventail SSL VPN

Hi - has anyone been able to setup and use SonicWALL Aventail SSL VPN on iPad to connect to and sync emails, calendar, tasks etc?

iPad, iOS 4

Posted on Dec 17, 2010 2:19 PM

7 replies

Feb 3, 2011 1:39 PM in response to Mark975Scott

I'm not 100% sure about the aventail line but the SonicWall TZ series and NSA series have native support L2TP which will work for IOS devices and the native VPN on Snow Leopard. If you haven't upgraded to the latest firmware you might want to do so and poke around to see if you can enable it or not on that device. Sonicwall doesn't always advertise the L2TP abilities of it's devices I had to call into the sales engineer to find out about the TZ's.

My Sonicwall sales rep also said they do have a IOS app for SSL VPN but it is currently still in the app store evaluation process, hopefully it will be released soon once all the i's are dotted and t's crossed. 🙂

Apr 26, 2012 3:12 PM in response to Mark975Scott

The SonicWall Mobile Connect app for ios works great to get you connected to the network at the office. To make it work, your SSL vpn needs to be working on standard ports.

Once in, you will not be able to browse the network servers, as IOS does not have a file system, per se, and so does not have a way to acess files on itself or other devices.

You will be able to RDP to a server or desktop, access mail systems which cannot be accessed on the internet, or browse websites that are only internal to the company, and are not published on the internet.

Typically, you will not need the VPN client to connect to mail servers, if the Exchange server or Pop server is published on the internet. Just connect to it there with the mail app.

The easiest way to browse files is within an RDP or VNC session. Once you find the file you need, you can copy it to drop box on the remote server, and then access it on your ipad from dropbox.

SonicWALL Aventail SSL VPN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.