Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Creating an album

Hello

i have imported into iTunes several singles and I want to create a single album called compilation in which I plan to put all of them. At the moment I can't get better than having 40ish Albums called compilation. Can somebody help me in explaining how I can merge all those album in one please?

Many thanks in advance

Pierre

Mac Book Pro 17" + iMac 24", Mac OS X (10.6.5)

Posted on Dec 18, 2010 6:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 20, 2010 12:22 PM

Tag all the items you want into a single "Compilation" album with the same Album Artist and they should clump together as one. I think.
2 replies

Dec 20, 2010 1:02 PM in response to Pierre-Antonin

Suggestions:

1) Re-tag the tunes as another poster suggested. You might also need to use the sort fields, including sort album, otherwise you'll be losing their original labeling as singles. Artist may release the same song in different versions so I don't like messing with the original track data too much. A single version may well not be identical to ab album version so I like to keep them straight.

2) Just stick them in a playlist and give the playlist your "album" name.

3) Make duplicates of the files, then label the duplicates as you like.

Creating an album

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.